Introduction of Python Programming language
What is Python?
Python is a high-level programming language and is widely being used among the developers’ community. Python was mainly developed for emphasis on code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code. Python is a programming language that lets developers work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
1. Python is a thirty-year-old language created by Guido van Rossum conceived in late 1980’s but first released in 1991.
2. There are different versions of python, python 2.7 had been officially discontinued from 2020.
3. Latest version python is python3.8 (as of May 2020).
4. It is an interpreter, dynamically typed, high level, easily readable object-oriented language.
The language’s core philosophy is summarized as:
Beautiful is better than ugly.
Explicit is better than implicit.
Simple is better than complex.
Complex is better than complicated.
1. It is easier to write as the code is high level and can easily be interpreted by human as it looks similar to a pseudo-code written to demonstrate a concept/algorithm.
2. Python is a dynamically typed language, that is there is no need to declare variables beforehand.
3. Python is an interpreter language, it is not compiled first and executed later like its counterparts C, C++, Java. It is interpreted line by line, there is a downside for this too that it can not be used in mission-critical applications.
Why learn Python?
Due to the recent trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence, machine vision, python has gained a lot of significance due to its abundance in the availability of different open source modules such as NumPy, Scipy, TensorFlow. Python is easy to learn with or without experience in any other language.
Applications of Python:
- Web Development:
Python offers numerous options for web development. For instance, you have Django, Pyramid, Flask, and Bottle for developing web frameworks and even advanced content management systems like Plone and Django CMS. These web frameworks are packed with standard libraries and modules which simplify tasks like content management, database interaction, and interfacing with internet protocols like HTTP, SMTP, XML, JSON, FTP, IMAP, and POP.
- Game Development
Python comes loaded with many useful extensions (libraries) that come in handy for the development of interactive games. For instance, libraries like PySoy (a 3D game engine that supports Python 3) and PyGame are two Python-based libraries used widely for game development. Python is the foundation for popular games like Battlefield 2, Frets on Fire, World of Tanks, Disney’s Toontown Online, Vega Strike, and Civilization-IV. Also, Python is used as a scripting language by many game engines.
- Scientific and Numeric Applications
Python provides the skeleton for applications that deal with computation and scientific data processing. Apps like FreeCAD (3D modeling software) and Abaqus (finite element method software) are coded in Python.
Some of the most useful Python packages for scientific and numeric computation include:
1. SciPy (scientific numeric library)
2. Pandas (data analytics library)
3. IPython (command shell)
4. Numeric Python (fundamental numeric package)
5. Natural Language Toolkit (Mathematical And text analysis)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Python’s simplicity, consistency, platform independence, great collection of resourceful libraries, and an active community make it the perfect tool for developing AI and ML applications. Some of the best Python packages for AI and ML are:
1. SciPy for advanced computing
2. Pandas for general-purpose data analysis
3. Seaborn for data visualization
4. NumPy for high-performance scientific computing and data analysis · Apart from these libraries, there are also other Python-based libraries like NLTK, Caffee, PyTorch, and Accord.NET, that are useful for AI and ML projects.
Python offers many GUI toolkits and frameworks that make desktop application development a breeze. PyQt, PyGtk, Kivy, Tkinter, WxPython, PyGUI, and PySide are some of the best Python-based GUI frameworks that allow developers to create highly functional Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
- Software Development
Python packages and applications aim to simplify the process of software development. From developing complex applications that involve scientific and numeric computing to developing desktop and web applications, Python can do it all. This is the reason why Software Developers use Python as a support language for build control, testing, and management.
For instance, SCons is designed explicitly for build control, Buildbot and Apache Gump allow for automated continuous compilation and testing, and Roundup and Trac are great for bug tracking and project management.
- Enterprise-level/Business Applications
Python high performance, scalability, flexibility, and readability are just the features required for developing fully-functional and efficient business applications. Furthermore, Python has other tools for business application development, like:
1. Odoo, an all-in-one management software that forms a complete suite of enterprise management applications.
2. Tryton, a three-tier, high-level, general-purpose application platform, is another fantastic tool for building business applications.
- Education programs and training courses
Python has an extremely straightforward syntax that’s similar to the English language. It has a short learning curve and hence, is an excellent choice for beginners. Python’s easy learning curve and simplicity are the two main reasons why it is one of the most used programming languages in educational programs, both at beginner and advanced levels.
However, Python is not just great as an introductory language – even professional developers and coders all around the world rely heavily on Python.
- Language Development
Over the years, Python’s design and module architecture has been the inspiration behind the development of many new programming languages such as Boo, Swift, CoffeeScript, Cobra, and OCaml. All of these languages share numerous similarities with Python on grounds like object model, syntax, and indentation.
- Operating Systems
Yes, Python is the secret ingredient behind many operating systems as well, most popularly of Linux distributions. Linux-based Ubuntu’s Ubiquity Installer and Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise’s Anaconda Installer are coded in Python. Even Gentoo Linux leverages Python Portage (package management system). Usually, Python is combined with the C programming language to design and develop operating systems.
- Web Scraping Applications
Python is a nifty tool for extracting voluminous amounts of data from websites and web pages. The pulled data is generally used in different real-world processes, including job listings, price comparison, R&D, etc. BeautifulSoup, MechanicalSoup, Scrapy, LXML, Python Requests, Selenium, and Urllib are some of the best Python-based web scraping tools.
- Image Processing and Graphic Design Applications:
Alongside all the uses mentioned above, Python also finds a unique use case in image processing and graphic design applications. The programming language is used globally to design and build 2D imaging software like Inkscape, GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, and Scribus. Also, Python is used in several 3D animation packages such as Blender, Houdini, 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, and Lightwave, to name a few.
To learn setting up python on your pc . Visit https://realpython.com/installing-python/
Frequently Asked Questions in Companies
1. The questions in this section are prepared by discussing with real time developers in the software industry.
2. This section contains the most often asked C Programming interview questions.
3. Hence regularly practicing will be highly beneficial in clearing the technical interview round during placements.
4. We advise the students preparing for C Programming Interview to regularly follow our post and solve Frequently Asked Interview Questions.
|S.NO||Questions – Part 1|
Write a program to reverse when you find count as odd of given string
I/p:”Hi this is stan lee”
write a program to count each letter of given string
write a program to print the numbers as following below pattern
write a program to find out the decimal values
write a program to find the perfect square number of near value for a given input I/p: 21
Write a program to find out second maximum value.
write a program to find out the missing numbers of given list
write a program to display pair of elements from a given list
write a program to sum the elements with given integer
|10.||write a program to reverse a list with only even values as below shown I/p: [1,5,6,7,8,9,2]|
|*||Need Answers: please contact us at email. (firstname.lastname@example.org)|